Fidaxomicin for Initial C. difficile Infection-Patient
Medical Management References:
1. Zar, F.A., et al., A comparison of vancomycin and metronidazole for the treatment of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea, stratified by disease severity. Clin Infect Dis, 2007. 45(3): p. 302-7.
2. Johnson, S., et al., Vancomycin, metronidazole, or tolevamer for Clostridium difficile infection: results from two multinational, randomized, controlled trials. Clin Infect Dis, 2014. 59(3): p. 345-54.
3. Cornely, O.A., et al., Fidaxomicin versus vancomycin for infection with Clostridium difficile in Europe, Canada, and the USA: a
double-blind, non-inferiority, randomised controlled trial. Lancet Infect Dis, 2012. 12(4): p. 281-9.
4. Louie, T.J., et al., Fidaxomicin versus Vancomycin for Clostridium difficile Infection. New England Journal of Medicine, 2011. 364(5): p. 422-431.
5. Goldenberg, S.D., et al., The impact of the introduction of fidaxomicin on the management of Clostridium difficile infection in seven NHS secondary care hospitals in England: a series of local service evaluations. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis, 2016. 35(2): p. 251-9.
6. McDonald, L.C., et al., Clinical Practice Guidelines for Clostridium difficile Infection in Adults and Children: 2017 Update by the
Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) and Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA). Clin Infect Dis, 2018.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein should not be used as a substitute for the advice of an appropriately qualified and licensed physician or other health care provider. The information provided here is for informational purposes only. This website may not cover all possible drug interactions or all FDA warnings or alerts. Each individual clinical circumstance is unique and requires a licensed clinical provider to assess properly. Please check with a physician or a licensed medical practitioner if you have health questions or concerns about interactions or go to the FDA for a comprehensive list of FDA warnings. Although everythingcdifficile attempts to provide accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee is made to that effect.