Introduction to C. difficile-Patient
1. Cohen, S.H., et al., Clinical practice guidelines for Clostridium difficile infection in adults: 2010 update by the society for healthcare epidemiology of America (SHEA) and the infectious diseases society of America (IDSA). Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol, 2010. 31(5): p. 431-55.
2. Kelly, C.P. and J.T. LaMont, Clostridium difficile--more difficult than ever. N Engl J Med, 2008. 359(18): p. 1932-40.
3. Shen, A., A Gut Odyssey: The Impact of the Microbiota on Clostridium difficile Spore Formation and Germination. PLoS Pathog, 2015. 11(10): p. e1005157.
4. Chang, J.Y., et al., Decreased diversity of the fecal Microbiome in recurrent Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea. J Infect Dis, 2008. 197(3): p. 435-8.
5. Drekonja, D.M., et al., Antimicrobial use and risk for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection. Am J Med, 2011. 124(11): p. 1081 e1-7.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein should not be used as a substitute for the advice of an appropriately qualified and licensed physician or other health care provider. The information provided here is for informational purposes only. This website may not cover all possible drug interactions or all FDA warnings or alerts. Each individual clinical circumstance is unique and requires a licensed clinical provider to assess properly. Please check with a physician or a licensed medical practitioner if you have health questions or concerns about interactions or go to the FDA for a comprehensive list of FDA warnings. Although everythingcdifficile attempts to provide accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee is made to that effect.