Medical Management of Recurrent C. difficile-Practitioner
Medical Management of Recurrence References:
1. Cornely, O.A., et al., Treatment of first recurrence of Clostridium difficile infection: fidaxomicin versus vancomycin. Clin Infect Dis, 2012. 55 Suppl 2: p. S154-61.
2. McFarland, L.V., G.W. Elmer, and C.M. Surawicz, Breaking the cycle: treatment strategies for 163 cases of recurrent Clostridium difficile disease. Am J Gastroenterol, 2002. 97(7): p. 1769-75.
3. Sirbu, B.D., et al., Vancomycin Taper and Pulsed Regimen with careful Follow up for Patients with Recurrent Clostridium difficile Infection. Clin Infect Dis, 2017.
4. Garey, K.W., et al., Rifaximin in treatment of recurrent Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea: an uncontrolled pilot study. J Clin Gastroenterol, 2009. 43(1): p. 91-3.
5. Soriano, M.M., et al., Novel Fidaxomicin Treatment Regimens for Patients With Multiple Clostridium difficile Infection Recurrences That Are Refractory to Standard Therapies. Open Forum Infect Dis, 2014. 1(2): p. ofu069.
6. Wilcox, M.H., et al., Bezlotoxumab for Prevention of Recurrent Clostridium difficile Infection. N Engl J Med, 2017. 376(4): p. 305-317.
7. Gerding, D.N., et al., Bezlotoxumab for prevention of recurrent C. difficile infection in patients at increased risk for recurrence. Clin Infect Dis, 2018.
DISCLAIMER: The comments made during these videos are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. Dr. Feuerstadt's comments are not offered as and do not constitute medical advice or legal opinions and no statement made during these videos is intended to replace your independent and professional judgment.