Basic Pathophysiology of C. difficile Infection-Practitioner
1. Cohen, S.H., et al., Clinical practice guidelines for Clostridium difficile infection in adults: 2010 update by the society for healthcare epidemiology of America (SHEA) and the infectious diseases society of America (IDSA). Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol, 2010. 31(5): p. 431-55.
2. Kelly, C.P. and J.T. LaMont, Clostridium difficile--more difficult than ever. N Engl J Med, 2008. 359(18): p. 1932-40.
3. Shen, A., A Gut Odyssey: The Impact of the Microbiota on Clostridium difficile Spore Formation and Germination. PLoS Pathog, 2015. 11(10): p. e1005157.
4. Chang, J.Y., et al., Decreased diversity of the fecal Microbiome in recurrent Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea. J Infect Dis, 2008. 197(3): p. 435-8.
5. Drekonja, D.M., et al., Antimicrobial use and risk for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection. Am J Med, 2011. 124(11): p. 1081 e1-7.
DISCLAIMER: The comments made during these videos are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. Dr. Feuerstadt's comments are not offered as and do not constitute medical advice or legal opinions and no statement made during these videos is intended to replace your independent and professional judgment.