Overview of Recurrence of C. difficile Infection
Overview of Recurrence References:
1. McFarland, L.V., Alternative treatments for Clostridium difficile disease: what really works? J Med Microbiol, 2005. 54(Pt 2): p. 101-11.
2. Kelly, C.P. and J.T. LaMont, Clostridium difficile--more difficult than ever. N Engl J Med, 2008. 359(18): p. 1932-40.
3. Cohen, S.H., et al., Clinical practice guidelines for Clostridium difficile infection in adults: 2010 update by the society for healthcare epidemiology of America (SHEA) and the infectious diseases society of America (IDSA). Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol, 2010. 31(5): p. 431-55.
4. McDonald, L.C., et al., Clinical Practice Guidelines for Clostridium difficile Infection in Adults and Children: 2017 Update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) and Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA). Clin Infect Dis, 2018.
5. Deshpande, A., et al., Risk factors for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol, 2015. 36(4): p. 452-60.
6. Garey, K.W., et al., Meta-analysis to assess risk factors for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection. J Hosp Infect, 2008. 70(4): p. 298-304.
7. Hu, M.Y., et al., Prospective derivation and validation of a clinical prediction rule for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection. Gastroenterology, 2009. 136(4): p. 1206-14.
DISCLAIMER:The comments made during these videos are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. Dr. Feuerstadt's comments are not offered as and do not constitute medical advice or legal opinions and no statement made during these videos is intended to replace your independent and professional judgment.