Overview of Recurrence References:
1. McFarland, L.V., Alternative treatments for Clostridium difficile disease: what really works? J Med Microbiol, 2005. 54(Pt 2): p. 101-11.
2. Kelly, C.P. and J.T. LaMont, Clostridium difficile--more difficult than ever. N Engl J Med, 2008. 359(18): p. 1932-40.
3. Cohen, S.H., et al., Clinical practice guidelines for Clostridium difficile infection in adults: 2010 update by the society for healthcare epidemiology of America (SHEA) and the infectious diseases society of America (IDSA). Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol, 2010. 31(5): p. 431-55.
4. McDonald, L.C., et al., Clinical Practice Guidelines for Clostridium difficile Infection in Adults and Children: 2017 Update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) and Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA). Clin Infect Dis, 2018.
5. Deshpande, A., et al., Risk factors for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol, 2015. 36(4): p. 452-60.
6. Garey, K.W., et al., Meta-analysis to assess risk factors for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection. J Hosp Infect, 2008. 70(4): p. 298-304.
7. Hu, M.Y., et al., Prospective derivation and validation of a clinical prediction rule for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection. Gastroenterology, 2009. 136(4): p. 1206-14.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein should not be used as a substitute for the advice of an appropriately qualified and licensed physician or other health care provider. The information provided here is for informational purposes only. This website may not cover all possible drug interactions or all FDA warnings or alerts. Each individual clinical circumstance is unique and requires a licensed clinical provider to assess properly. Please check with a physician or a licensed medical practitioner if you have health questions or concerns about interactions or go to the FDA for a comprehensive list of FDA warnings. Although everythingcdifficile attempts to provide accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee is made to that effect.